Saturday, March 29, 2008

Random Thoughts - Fashion through the years

I found this really cool video a while back and being as absent minded as I am, I forgot to bookmark it. Now many unsuccessful searches later, through the power of Youtube, I have been reunited with it. It's a great theatre production on how fashion has changed throughout the years. It was taken from a 1986 documentary but this excerpt is only like four minutes.

I am fascinated with clothing from decades past, my favourites being the 20s till the 40s. I love the independence and confidence the women had during these times, despite all they had going against them. They defined the clothing they wore, not the other way around.

The only downside to this video is that it's in French, so I really have no idea what they're saying but that doesn't really take away from it. If anyone can speak French, I would appreciate it if you can help me out if they've said anything interesting.

Enjoy!

No comments: